Syndetics Unbound is a new online catalog enrichment solution that combines everything you love about Syndetic Solutions and LibraryThing for Libraries, enabling you to easily embed rich information, as well as interactive guided discover directly within your existing catalog. With Syndetics Unbound, you can provide patrons with an engaging, modern and convenient browsing experience that included the most expansive coverage of global books and media.
Accessibility features and gaps
Users of Syndetics Unbound should be able to:
- navigate the product using just a keyboard.
- listen to the product using a screen reader.
- easily read text on the page due to high color contrast.
- navigate the product using speech recognition software.
- zoom in up to 400% using browser tools without text spilling off screen.
If you have a disability and need to make your computer, tablet or other device easier to use, AbilityNet
is a recommended resource.
Technical Information about this product’s accessibility
Syndetics Unbound is committed to making its product accessible, in accordance with:
- Level A and Level AA of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1)
- Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act for features and functions.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Compliance level and report
This product is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.1 AA standard.
Access the full Accessibility Compliance Report
(VPAT 2.4 and WCAG) for Syndetics Unbound.
Accessibility of content on this product
While using the Syndetics Unbound enrichment elements, a user may come across an enrichment that is styled by the CSS of the customer’s website, causing that element to fail accessibility standards. We are unable to predict which elements this happens to.
The enrichment elements are accessible using a keyboard alone.
The enrichment elements can be browsed effectively with a screen reader.
The text of Syndetics Unbound vary from shades of grey to blue, as well as blue text links. In some cases, the CSS of the customers website may override the CSS of Syndetics Unbound resulting in color combinations that may not comply with WCAG standards. We are unable to predict on which enrichments this may occur. If color contrast is a concern for you, we recommend using of the free browser plugins that can increase text/background color contrast, such as the High Contrast extension
for Google Chrome.
The accessibility of Syndetics Unbound is a continual effort at ProQuest. Accessibility standards are built into our design, and style guides and included as part of requirements in our software development and quality assurance pipeline.
Syndetics Unbound code is checked for accessibility using a range of automated and manual checks including but not limited to:
- Color Contrast Analyzer provided by WebAIM
- Keyboard-access manual testing and assessment
- WAVE (Web Accessibility Evaluation tool) provided by WebAIM
- VoiceOver with Mac
Syndetics Unbound is tested on the latest version Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Edge, and on devices including Mac and Windows computers, and Android and iOS devices.
What We’re Doing to Improve Accessibility
Making content accessible is an ongoing effort at ProQuest. We’re committed to working with the community to ensure we continue to meet our customers’ needs. A list of our ongoing efforts include:
- Testing with users of all abilities
- The ProQuest Accessibility Council: a team of stakeholders working to increase accessibility resources and capabilities
- Pursuing partnerships with colleges, universities and other institutions to assist us in reviewing and updating our accessibility standards
- Supporting certifications for our employees
- Consulting with accessibility experts such as Deque
Support and feedback
If you have difficulty accessing specific ProQuest content or features with adaptive technology after trying the workarounds suggested in this statement, you can contact us using the links provided below. Our support services will respond within three days and are available to accommodate the communication needs of end users with disabilities. We will work with you to identify the best option for remediation, subject to content licensing restrictions and technical capability. Online: ProQuest Technical SupportPhone:
United States & Canada (toll free):+1 800 889 3358
Outside North America:+800 4997 4111
or +1 734-707-2513
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement was prepared on February 26, 2021. It was last reviewed on May 19, 2021.
The product was last tested in April 2021. The test was carried out internally at ProQuest.