If your Ebook Central site uses the "Patron Login" method of remote authentication
and is set to allow patrons to request an account
- Pending account requests will show on the LibCentral home page
- Account requests will also be emailed to at least one indicated librarian (under LibCentral > Settings > Alerts > Patron Account Request Alert).
To view all pending patron account requests:
- Go to your LibCentral site and sign in
- On the home page, you'll see "Account Requests" near the top-left. The number indicates the number of pending account requests. Click on "Account Requests" to reject or approve them.
- Then click on an individual username to see the details and take action.
- You can then click to approve or reject the request, and optionally set an account expiration date.
For more general information about Patron Login authentication
- If you approve the request:
- the patron is notified by email that their login is active (username = email address, password can be set at their first login attempt)
- the patron can then use their login to access your Ebook Central site from anywhere (some territory restrictions may apply).
, >See more