"Patron Login" is the only authentication model that automatically supports multiple Access Permissions.
You can create additional Access Permissions using the "Add Permission" button on the Access Permissions page, and you can change the Access Permissions for individual patrons on the Manage Patrons page under the Users tab.With some customization, multiple Access Permissions can be made to work with Shibboleth as well
. Setting up multiple Access Permissions to work with Shibboleth authentication requires a few extra steps by both the customer and the ProQuest ebook development team.Overview of the steps involved
- Customer configures their shibboleth to send Ebook Central a value in the "Entitlement" attribute for each user.
- In LibCentral, the customer librarian sets up Access Permissions with acronyms that exactly match the "Entitlement" attributes that will be sent.
- In LibCentral, the customer librarian applies the desired settings for each of the Access Permissions.
- After the customer confirms completion of these steps, the ProQuest ebook development team makes configuration changes behind the scenes.
- The customer then tests to confirm that the "Entitlement" attributes being passed are correctly mapping to the LibCentral Access Permission acronyms.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Technical Support Team by submitting your query on this form