There are several ways to approach searching for books on Ebook Central:
Get started by entering a keyword, ISBN, or other terms into the Simple Search box.
Or, use "Advanced Search" to start a search using words, phrases, and more on a field-by-field basis. >See More
Or, use “Browse Subjects” to search based on a pre-defined list of Ebook Central subjects >See More
- On the search results screen you can then narrow search results using provided filters.
- Simple Search queries these fields
- Authors, editors, and other contributors
- Chapter names
- LC Subject
- Full text
Tips for searching for books on Ebook Central:
- The "Subjects" used in Ebook Central are custom subjects based on LC Subjects and Bisac codes.
- Use quotes to search for exact phrases such as “Prince Henry the Navigator”
- Boolean searches are supported when searching for books (but not for searching within a book)
- Use the boolean operators AND, OR, NOT in all caps
- Use parentheses to group