You can copy an entire page, or just a selection on the page:
- To copy an entire page, open the book in the online reader and go to the page you want to copy, then click "Copy" without selecting any text first.
- To copy a particular selection of text, select the text to copy, then click from the pop-up toolbar.
- To complete the copy, press Control-C:
Limits on the number of copies:
- Only text is copied, not images
- A citation is automatically included at the end of the copied text
- Note, citation preference can be changed under at the top right of the screen
If you're browsing without having signed in
- For each book, there is a limit on the number of pages you can copy from
- Copying multiple selections from the same page only counts as one copy
- For most books the copy limit is 20% of the book's pages
- Example, if the book is 200 pages long, 40 pages can be copied from
- And good news - these limits reset after just 24 hours!
- The copy limits for a book, including the number of copies you have remaining, are displayed on the book's Detail Page. To see this information while reading a book, click "Book Details" on the side bar to display the details in the left panel. > See More
(some Ebook Central sites allow this), you will be prompted to sign in before you can copy.Tip for tablet users:
- When reading a book online on a tablet, selecting text is not an option - but you can still copy an entire page since no text selection is required.
- Just go to the page you want to copy and click from the tools across the top.