The OASIS Administrator can make changes to the users assigned to the OASIS portal after those users have been added by ProQuest's Configuration Team or OASIS Customer Support Team. (To add users, please contact OASIS Customer Support by submitting a case on the support center here .
To change the access permissions for current users of OASIS
Here the Administrator can set each individual's access levels/permissions with respect to placing orders, claiming, canceling, standing orders, etc.
- click on the person icon in the upper right corner
- select "Account Settings" from the drop down menu
- select the user from the list and click Security Tab
- Accept Forwarding will allow the user's name to appear in the List/Forward box
- Request recipient allows a user to receive requests. (Specific workflow used by Shibboleth customers outside of North America)
- Ratifier allows users to be Ratifiers for other selectors. You can select ALL or up to three individuals
- Firm Orders permissions include the ability to provide a default PO number for a users along with default location codes, loan types, or fund codes
- Place Order, Place Claim, and Place Cancel settings fall under the following parameters:
- No Access – prevents access.
- Read Only – allows user read only access.
- Authorization Required – allows the user to make selections and forward those on to a Ratifier.
- Automatic Authorization – allows the user to authorize and place orders with ProQuest (this would be necessary for a Ratifier).
- Standing Orders permissions include Place Order, Place Claim and Place Cancel and offer the options of Full Access, Read Only or No Access.
- Hide Accounts will hide Standing Orders from the user's menu..
An individual user (non-administrator) can see their settings by going to the same location Account Settings>Security.