The instructions in this article apply to Internet Explorer browser versions 8 thru 11. These browser versions allow you to use a drag and drop feature not available with other web browsers.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to ftp://ftp.bowker.com.
- Enter your Username and Password. If you do not know your FTP login information, please contact technical support for assistance.
- Click on "View" in the menu bar and then click on "Open FTP site in Windows Explorer". You may be prompted to sign in again use the same credentials.
- You will now have a window with your BBAS account files. You will want to temporarily minimize this window.
- Click on the Windows start menu in the lower left corner and then click on "Computer" in the right column.
- You now have two separate Internet Explorer windows. Resize them so you can see both at once.
- Find the file on the second “Computer” window. Click on it and drag it into the center of the ftp window.
- You will get a progress bar informing how long it will take to transfer the file. After the transfer is complete, log into your BBAS account and process the file like normal.