Ebook Central works on most browsers and on most devices.
The following are the devices, operating systems (OS), and browsers that we have specifically tested and certified.LAPTOPS / DESKTOPS
Supported OS and Browser combinations:
- Windows 7 -- IE11 & Firefox* & Chrome*
- Windows 10 -- IE11 & Firefox* & Chrome*
- Mac OS (latest version) -- Safari* & Firefox* & Chrome*
*most recently released version only
See below regarding older versions of Internet Explorer (IE)
Accessibility Mode is supported on Laptops and Desktops only (not tablets or phones)
Designed to meet AA conformance and certifying on the following screen readers:
- JAWS on IE (latest version)
- VoiceOver on Safari (latest version)
For status and additional information about Accessibility Mode, >See More
Gestures and accessibility are not supported on mobile devices.
All pages of the patron interface are optimized for the tablet.
All pages except the online Reader are optimized for phone.
Supported Type, Device, OS, Browser
combinations (latest browser versions only):
- Tablet Android Tablet -- Android OS (latest and one previous version) -- Chrome
- Tablet iOS tablet -- iOS (latest) -- Safari & Chrome
- Tablet Windows tablet -- Windows OS (latest version) -- IE
- Phone Android Phone -- Android OS (latest and one previous version) -- Chrome
- Phone iPhone (latest) -- iOS (latest) -- Safari & Chrome
A note about older versions of Internet Explorer (IE)
- Ebook Central does not work with IE8 or earlier, and does not support use on IE9
. Note that Microsoft itself is no longer supporting older versions of IE, such as IE8 and IE9, as of January 2016. For Microsoft's details on this, see: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2014/08/07/stay-up-to-date-with-internet-explorer.aspx?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews