Key features of the 'Patron Login' authentication method:
There are three ways a patron account can be created
- Once a patron has a login, they can use it to gain access to the site from on- or off-campus.
- When a patron signs in to access the site, they are also automatically signed in to their personal Ebook Central account.
. (Your librarians
choose whether or not to allow either or both of the first two options.)1. If a patron is coming from an authorized IP address, they can create an account.
- This is an optional setting
- Your librarians would need to provide the authorized IP addresses to the Technical Support Team. Please contact us by submitting your query on this form. Options:
- Your on-campus IP addresses
- The IP address of your proxy server
- When accessing from an authorized IP, patrons accessing your Ebook Central site will see a “Create Account” button on the sign-in page:
2. Patrons can request an account
- Once a patron has successfully created an account, they can then use that login to gain access to the site from on- or off-campus
- This is an optional setting.
- If a patron is off-campus, or if on-campus account creation has not been enabled, patrons accessing your Ebook Central site see a “Request Account” button on the sign-in page:
3. Librarians can create logins for patrons via LibCentral
- An email request is then sent to the specific librarian(s) indicated in LibCentral (under "Settings", "Alerts", "Patron Account Request Alert"). Patron account requests are also displayed at top-right of LibCentral home page.
- For more information about viewing and approving account requests, >See More
, either one at a time, or by uploading a list. Librarians can also modify patron accounts (including resetting a password) or delete patron accounts regardless of how they were created. >See MoreThere are many optional settings to change details of how Patron Login works
, >See More