The Ebook Central online reader for EPUB enables patrons to read and explore EPUB formatted titles online. Full download of the entire ebook is still available using Adobe Digital Editions.
What features are currently available for EPUB titles in the online reader?
Example of an ebook displayed in the EPUB reader:
- Read Online - EPUB-only formatted ebooks are available to read online
- Table of Contents - The TOC can be used to navigate the ebook sections
- Font Selection - Patrons can increase the font size up to 200% and decrease to 60% of the 16pt default ebook font size
- Two Page Layout - The two page layout is the default view for desktop/laptop/tablet (landscape) EPUB reader
- Swipe Navigation - The EPUB reader is optimized for patrons reading on the go by supporting gestures like swipe to turn ebook pages in the reader
- Responsive - The EPUB reader will resize content to display on a mobile phone, tablet, or PC desktop/laptop
- Full-book Download - Use the full document download button from within the online reader (subject to your library's access permission settings)
- In-book search - Use the in-book search feature to search for words and phrases within the book's text
- Copy - Select text to copy to your clipboard to paste into a document
- Print - Print the current chapter
What features are not yet available or in development and will be available in later releases of the EPUB reader?
- Print current page or specific page range
- Chapter Download
- Icon hover text translations
- Cite (NOTE: Citations can be generated from the Detail page for all titles)