How Do I Setup Shibboleth Access to ProQuest?
Shibboleth Configuration Instructions
The ProQuest platform supports educational institutions who are members of the following federations:
- Athens (via OpenAthens)
- Canada (See attached Trust Assertion Document)
- Czech Republic
- Slovenia (ARNES and COBISS)
- United Kingdom
- United States
In order to set up Shibboleth access, the following details are required:
- Entitlement or Scoped affiliation types dependent on how you are authenticating
Once you have gathered the information please follow the instructions on setting up Shibboleth within the ProQuest Administrator Module.
Note: The ProQuest Administrator Module is for authorized library/institution personnel only.
Please contact customer service if you do not have an account set up, or if you forgot your login information.
- Login to ProQuest Administrator Module at http://admin.proquest.com.
- Click on Authentication/Access on the left side of the page.
- Click on the Shibboleth tab.
- Click Add Access Credentials button.
- Enter in the information on the following screen per steps 6-10.
- Select the appropriate usage group from the drop down list. We recommend that you select “Remote”.
- Select your Federation from the drop down list.
- Select your Institution from the drop down list.
- If you are using "ScopedAffiliation" for access select the appropriate Scope from the drop-down menu and check the relevant affiliation type(s).
- If you are using "EduPersonEntitlement" instead of "ScopedAffiliation" enter your entitlement value in the "Entitlement" field box.