Credit card purchases can fail for several different reasons. We have found that it is usually caused by one of the following:
- Spaces in the credit card number field. This causes the credit card number to fail in the second validation step. Entering the credit card number without spaces or dashes will eliminate the problem.
- Problems with the credit card information: Please check your credit card number and expiration date to be sure they have not changed and use the name and address information exactly as it appears on your credit card statement. If you're still having problems, you should contact your credit card company. They can tell you why your transaction failed.
- Punctuation in the address fields. Using different punctuation marks, such as commas, when placing orders may lead to system error messages. Removing the punctuation marks in the address field will eliminate the error.
- Punctuation other than dashes in the phone number field. Please input the number as 734-555- or 33-609, and not (734) 555- or (+33) 609-, to eliminate the problem.
- Using a credit card with an incorrect billing address. If you are using a credit card and the address you put in does not match the billing address of the credit card, then it will be declined. The billing address is the address that appears on the credit card statement.
Browser problem. Try using a different browser, and/or an incognito window, and/or clearing your browser's cache and cookies.
If you are still encountering problems, please contact us at www.proquest.com/go/contactsupport.