How do I easily review my order information, fund codes, and platforms within OASIS?
Selectors and Ratifiers can add or modify order information to single titles through the action arrow or to multiple titles through the bulk action button "Edit order info" at any time prior to checkout.
Checking Out Titles
Selectors and Ratifiers can checkout directly from search results, a list, or the shopping cart.
In March 2019 a new Checkout page will be introduced during the Express checkout workflow.
- For Selectors checkout means sending to a ratifier.
- For Ratifiers checkout means sending titles to a next level ratifier or finalizing an order through the library's preferred order method.
The Checkout page is the perfect opportunity to:
Checking out from most areas of OASIS (eg. search results, shopping cart) will remove titles from the screen.Checking out from a custom list will not remove titles from the list.
- Review titles for ordering
- Input or review order information quickly and easily
- Review or change between available format and platform options
- Add internal notes or notes to ProQuest
- Update the quantity
Additional changes the user can expect in the future…
- In our first release (March 2019), Single-title checkouts through the Action Arrow (Express Checkout or Order Now) will bring up an old order info dialog instead of the new Checkout page; in a future release, both options will take the user to the new Checkout page.
- At first the Shopping Cart remains the same, and users will see the Checkout page when they checkout the items in the cart; soon the Shopping Cart will look exactly like the Checkout page, and no interim step will be needed.
- Similarly, in the first release the Authorize Orders page will not change, and users will only see the Checkout page after choosing to checkout approved orders; but soon the Authorize Orders experience will mirror the Shopping Cart and Checkout page.
- Also, acquisitions staff with Ratifier accounts will eventually find their custom Lists experience matches the new Checkout view instead of the current List view.
Checkout methods may be changed by the library administrator in Account Settings
- Send to ratifier - Selectors & Mid-level Ratifiers can send titles to Acquisitions colleagues for approval and purchase through the Checkout page. If a user is assigned more than one ratifier, it may be necessary to choose the appropriate ratifier from the white drop-down that says "Send to" at the top of the page, before clicking Submit. A user can only send a title to one ratifier at a time. Ratifiers do not have shared access to selected titles.
- Firm Order - To place orders directly in OASIS, ensure the white drop-down at the top of the Checkout page shows "Order all" before clicking Submit.
- Download MARC & Order - To download order level MARCs for importing into your ILS at the same time that you place your firm order, make sure the white drop-down at the top of the Checkout page says "Download MARC and order" before clicking Submit. This will apply a check status phrase of "Firm order - open" to the affected titles when they are later viewed from any browse row, until the order has been filled.
- Download MARC - To checkout by downloading an order level MARC which will then be uploaded into your ILS and submitted for ordering from the ILS by EDI, make sure the white drop-down at the top of the Checkout page says "Download all MARC" before clicking Submit. This will apply a check status phrase of "Order record downloaded" to the affected titles when they are later viewed from any browse row, until the order has been accepted for processing.