"Patron Login" is the only authentication model that automatically supports multiple "Access Permissions".However, with some customization it can be made to work with Shibboleth as well
. Setting up multiple "Access Permissions" to work with shibboleth authentication requires a few extra steps by both the customer and the ProQuest ebook development team.Overview of the steps involved
- Customer configures their shibboleth to send Ebook Central a value in the "Entitlement" attribute for each user.
- In LibCentral, the customer librarian sets up Access Permissions with acronyms that exactly match the "Entitlement" attributes that will be sent.
- In LibCentral, the customer librarian applies the desired settings for each of the Access Permissions.
- After the customer confirms completion of these steps, the ProQuest ebook development team makes configuration changes behind the scenes.
- The customer then tests to confirm that the "Entitlement" attributes being passed are correctly mapping to the LibCentral Access Permission acronyms.
For assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org