Your Ebook Central Perpetual Access and DDA-discoverable holdings can be automatically updated in:
- Client Center
- All 360 services
- Ejournal Portal
Note that perpetual titles and any active DDA-discoverable titles are combined for the purposes of automated holdings update. It is not currently an option to only auto-update one or the other (perpetual or DDA-discoverable) – it is currently both or none. Once auto-updating has been enabled, it is important not to manually edit subscribed status of these titles in Client Center.
Once the automation settings are in place:
- New purchases as well as changes to your DDA holdings will be automatically loaded into Client Center and Intota every night (US time)
- From Client Center, holdings information will propagate to:
- In Client Center, your perpetual and DDA-discoverable titles will have status: “Subscribed”
To set up automated holdings management for your Perpetual and DDA titles:
You can do the initial setup yourself - for instructions, see the following Ex Libris support articles:
For assistance, you'll need to contact the Ex Libris support team:.
- Please go to the following portal to enter a support case (note, the Ex Libris support center is different from the one for PQ/ebooks):
- Or visit the Ex Libris Knowledge Center:
http://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com (no login required) where you'll find knowledge articles as well as a prominent “Submit a Case” button (which will require you to sign in).
- If you don't have access to the Support Portal, there are two options:
- If one of your colleagues has access, they can get you a login by following the instructions in the Knowledge Article there called:
"How do I request a Support Portal Login for a new staff member?"
- Or, you can call request a Support Portal login by calling the Ex Libris toll-free number (North America): 877-445-5693
- Perpetual and DDA titles on your Ebook Central site that are provided by an Ebook Central consortia parent site are included in your auto-holdings update along with the titles held directly on your site.
Subscriptions, such as Academic Complete, are represented as separate databases in Client Center. These holdings are not included in the Automated Holdings Management program.
- When you subscribe to a new subscription, you'll need to:
- Contact the Ex Libris support team (as described above) to add your Ebook Central site ID so the URLs will work correctly.
- Update your Client Center Data Management profile with the new database.
Automated Holdings Management does not impact other library workflows or any functionality of your 360 and Summon services. Examples of related activities that remain unchanged:
- Making ebook titles discoverable via your library catalog. The workflow to add, delete, and update ebook records in your catalog remains unchanged since it takes place separately from the Automated Holdings Management process.
- Using 360 Resource Manager Alerts for resource changes in your Client Center profile. Alerts will recognize Client Center updates made by Automated Holdings Management.
- Using 360 Counter or 360 Resource Manager to apply costs. The costs remain attached to resources as holdings are routinely updated through the automated program.
Custom status indicators (such as Purchased or License Negotiation) set up through a library’s 360 Resource Manager subscription currently cannot be applied to automated holdings management.