- If your library is an Academic Video Online: Premium customer, your users can now discover this content on the ProQuest platform and access it on the Alexander Street platform.This new capability provides your library users with seamless access to relevant content in multiple formats in a single search from the ProQuest platform – video, journal articles, news, dissertations, ebooks – improving discoverability.
Enabling this functionality
- No work is required on your part to enable this functionality. Provided you are an active, Academic Video Online: Premium customer with at least one ProQuest platform database, ProQuest will enable this functionality for you on October 7, 2016. Note, if you are a new Academic Video Online: Premium customer with access starting after October 7, 2016 please contact your Account Manager for additional details on when this feature will be enabled.
Discovering Academic Video Online: Premium content on the ProQuest platform
- By default, Academic Video Online: Premium records will be displayed in relevant search results when users search across all ProQuest platform databases.
- When a user finds an Academic Video Online: Premium record in their search results, they can click the title of the document, the Abstracts/Details link, or the Full Text link (if available) to access the document record.
- Within the document record, users can review the abstract, full text transcript (if available) and other metadata.
Launching the video on Alexander Street from the ProQuest platform
- Users who discover Academic Video Online: Premium videos on ProQuest, will access the video on the Alexander Street platform, where they can take advantage of a wide range of tools for learning, researching, and teaching. Here's how users will access a video on Alexander Street after discovering a Academic Video Online Premium record on ProQuest:
- From the search results page - All Academic Video Online: Premium records on the search results page include a icon. Clicking on this icon will launch the video on the Alexander Street platform.
- From the document view page - Clicking of a Academic Video Online Premium record in ProQuest, will launch the video on the Alexander Street Platform.
Tracking usage of Academic Video Online: Premium content on the ProQuest platform
- Usage stats for searches and sessions is available in the ProQuest Administrator Module (PAM). Since the user is taken to the Alexander Street platform to watch the video, this usage is recorded in the Alexander Street Usage Reporting Service.
Upcoming enhancements to Academic Video Online: Premium discovery on the ProQuest platform
- We'll be making improvements to this experience soon. Here’s what you can expect in the weeks ahead:
- Scheduled for late October: Full text transcripts added to Academic Video Online: Premium records on the ProQuest platform.
- Scheduled for late November: Video thumbnails added to Academic Video Online: Premium records on the ProQuest platform.
- We'll be making more enhancements to this experience soon. Use the 'Notify Me' button above to receive email updates whenever this page is updated.
- ProQuest offers best-in-class customer service and technical support, so you can hit the ground running. If the above information does not answer your questions please contact us and we will be happy to assist.