If your library has purchased a book with a limited-user license
and all copies of the book are being read online by other users or are currently full-downloaded
When one of the users of the book does one of the following
- In search results, the book will be shown as:
- And on the Detail Page, the "Read Online" button will be grayed out.
, the status of the book will change to:
- Signs out of their Ebook Central account
- Or, returns to searching or opens a different book (in the same tab)
- Or, closes the tab or the browser they were reading in
- Or, is idle with the book for 30 minutes (that is, no page turns, copies, prints, etc. for 30 minutes)
- Or, returns a full-downloaded copy of the book, or their download expires.
If your library allows the last or only copy of limited-user books to be full-downloaded, the Detail Page
will indicate expiration information for the nearest expiration. For example:
There is not currently an option to reserve a book
or to be alerted when it becomes available. If you are waiting for a copy of a book to become available, you'll need to periodically refresh your browser to show the book's current status.
Note that saving a book in your Bookshelf
does not guarantee access to it, it simply saves a link to the book