Welcome the ProQuest Health & Medical content update page. In addition to sharing the latest content in your ProQuest health and medical database, this page will now cover content changes in Alexander Street’s Nursing Education in Video: Second Edition and Nursing & Mental Health in Video. We hope this will make it easier for you to stay-up-to-date on the content changes in your ProQuest medical and nursing resources. Every update will include a brief commentary on changed content and a list of changed titles in MS Excel format for databases or link to a list of new Alexander Street videos. Prefer just the highlights? Download this 12 month summary of the new content added to ProQuest and Alexander Street nursing and medical resources.
To be emailed every time this article is updated, click on Notify Me above.
Recent content updates
Links to recent content updates are listed below:
- April through June 2018, published September 2018.
- January through March 2018, published June 2018
- New! Nursing & Mental Health in Video
- Year in Review, January - December 2017, published February 2018
- July - September 2017, published October 2017
- April - June 2017, published July 2017
- MEDLINE clinical queries enhancement, published June 2017
- January - March 2017, published April 2017
- Year in review, January - December 2016, published February 2017
- APA PsycINFO on ProQuest new features and enhancements, November 2016
ProQuest Health & Medical content update - September 2018
This update summarizes new content added to ProQuest Health & Medical databases and Alexander Street Nursing Video collections from April 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018. Download this spreadsheet for the complete list of title changes in ProQuest Health & Medical databases during this period.
21 full text titles with ongoing full text were added to ProQuest Health & Medical databases between April and June, including:
Download this spreadsheet
- Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) Journal
- Kidney International
- Journal of Practical Nursing
- Journal of Community Hospital Internal Medicine Perspectives
to see a complete list of titles added and discontinued in ProQuest Health & Medical databases between April and June 2018.Recent additions and updates to Alexander Street’s Nursing Education in Video: Second Edition34 new or revised full-length videos
were added to Nursing Education in Video: Second Edition
in the last 12 months.
This additional content provides students and faculty with the most current information and best practices. Highlighted topics include:
- Prevention Review
- Airway Care
- Dementia Care
- Enteral Feeding Tubes
- Measuring Vital Signs
- Common Feeding Tubes
- National Patient Safety Goals for Long Term Care
- And MORE!
Stay up-to-date on the latest changes to your ProQuest and Alexander Street medical and nursing subscriptions, by clicking on the Notify Me
button receive updates.
ProQuest Health & Medical content update – June 2018
This update summarizes new content added to ProQuest Health & Medical databases and Alexander Street Nursing Video collections from January 1, 2018 through March 31, 2018. Download this spreadsheet for the complete list of title changes
in ProQuest Health & Medical databases during this period.New and diverse full text
Recent full text additions include 75 journals and diverse content such as case reports, handbooks, and trade titles. Here are the highlights:
- 26 Oxford Handbooks in Nursing: The Oxford Handbooks in Nursing is a series of practical, evidenced-based pocket guides to nursing practice. These titles are written by experienced nurses for both students and practicing nurses.
- Six new Case Reports titles published by Karger: These titles provide case studies from clinicians and researchers around the world covering a variety of medical subjects including nephrology, neurology, gastroenterology, dermatology, and several others.
ProQuest Health & Medical Content Update – February 2018This update summarizes new content added to ProQuest Health & Medical databases from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017. Download this spreadsheet for the complete list of title changes in ProQuest Health & Medical databases in 2017.Ongoing access to premier full-text journals
Over 90 peer reviewed journals with ongoing full-text have been added to ProQuest Health and Medical databases over the past year.
Among the new additions are titles in ongoing full text from these authoritative publishers:
To see the list of titles added in 2017, download this spreadsheet.New and diverse non-periodical contentOver 40,000 dissertations added to Health Research Premium Collection
- Oxford University Press: 9 scholarly titles including Sleep, the Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology.
- Springer Science: 8 new titles including the Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology.
- Dustri - Verlag: 11 publications from this international publisher of medical literature, including; Clinical Neuropathology, and the International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.
- Spandidos Publications: Featuring the International Journal of Oncology and five other highly cited journals.
In 2017, the Health Research Premium Collection added over 40,000 recently published dissertations in full text. With these new additions the total number of dissertations in this collection is over 85,000. These graduate works offer insight into cutting edge research across hundreds of subjects in the medical sciences.
Here’s the total number dissertations within each database of the Health Research Premium Collection:
Transcripts added to MedCom videos
- Nursing & Allied Health Database: 24,000+
- Psychology Database: 21,000+
- Health & Medical Complete: 20,000+
- Public Health Database: 12,000+
- Health Management Database: 12,000+
We are excited to announce that all MedCom video clips within the Nursing & Allied Health Database now include transcripts. This new feature makes this content more accessible for hearing impaired users.
In addition, the transcripts will make the videos more discoverable in search results and discovery services. Prior to the update, the MedCom videos were harder to find because they lacked the metadata to be surfaced even when users were searching with appropriate terms.
Please note, with this change the URLs to MedCom videos were changed. If you have bookmarked any, these links will need to be updated to the new version. Additional non-periodical content
Nursing and Mental Health in Video now available from Alexander Street
- Patient education sheets from Harvard Health Publications
- Fact Sheets from the International Council of Nurses
- SAMHSA/CSAT Treatment Improvement Protocols
In addition, as a subscriber to ProQuest Health & Medical databases, you may be interested in Alexander Street’s new collection, Nursing and Mental Health in Video.
This new collection features over 240 videos of the most common mental health disorders nurses may encounter – whether in a primary care setting, emergency room, medical, psychiatric or other situations. Nursing and Mental Health in Video supports the existing curriculum at all levels – undergraduate, graduate, and professional.
We recommend this collection for all institutions with nursing programs of all levels. Learn more
ProQuest Health & Medical Content Update - October 2017
This update covers content changes across all ProQuest Health & Medical databases from July 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017 .Highlights23 publications with ongoing full text were added to ProQuest Health & Medical Database
s during this time period. Recent additions include highly cited journals from these publishers:
- Spandidos Publications
- Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine
- International Journal of Molecular Medicine
- International Journal of Oncology
- Molecular and Clinical Oncology
- Molecular Medicine Reports
- Oncology Letters
- Oncology Reports
- Royal College of Surgeons of England:
- The Annals of Royal College of Surgeons
- Bulletin of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Faculty Dental Journal
19 full text titles were removed from ProQuest health and medical databases between July and September 2017.
Publication details for all added and removed titles are available in this spreadsheet
ProQuest Health & Medical Content Update - July 2017
Welcome to the July 2017 ProQuest Health & Medical databases content update. This update covers content changes from April 1, 2017 through June 30, 2017.Highlights
42 publications with ongoing full text were added to ProQuest Health & Medical Databases between April and June 2017. Recent additions include impact factor titles from Karger, Palgrave Macmillan, Dustri-Verlag, and Oxford University Press.Download this spreadsheet
for a complete list of titles added and discontinued from April through June 2017.
Searching for clinical content on ProQuest just got easierClinical queries filter added to MEDLINE® on the ProQuest platformMEDLINE® on the ProQuest platform now includes a Clinical queries filter. This new functionality makes it easier for users to filter their searches to a specific clinical study category and scope. The search filters were developed for PubMed, by the Hedges Project, to improve access to clinically relevant study reports from large, bibliographic resources like MEDLINE.To take advantage of this new feature, direct your users to the MEDLINE Advanced Search page, navigate to the Clinical Queries filter and select the category and optimization to support their search.In addition, to simplify access to full text, MEDLINE search results will associate the full text of the document (if available in your ProQuest subscription) with the MEDLINE citation for easy access. These records are distinguished with the full text element highlighted below: MEDLINE is included with these full text ProQuest databases:
- Health Research Premium Collection
- Biological Science Database
- Natural Science Collection
- SciTech Premium Collection
ProQuest Health & Medical Content Update - April 2017
Welcome to the April 2017 ProQuest Health & Medical databases content update. This update
covers content changes from January through March 2017.Highlights
Ongoing full text for fifteen scholarly journals was added to ProQuest Health & Medical databases between January and March 2017. Download this spreadsheet to see a complete list of titles added and discontinued in ProQuest Health & Medical databases through the first three months of 2017
Looking back at 2016 in ProQuest Health and Medical resources
In 2016 we added over 360 new titles to ProQuest Health and Medical databases including over 150 from elite publishers; BMJ and Nature Publishing. In addition, your databases grew with new titles from Springer, Slack Inc., Taylor Francis and other impactful knowledge providers from around the world.Download this spreadsheet of new and discontinued titles in ProQuest Health and Medical databases from January 1 through December 31, 2016.
The spreadsheet is divided into two tabs; Gains and Discontinued content.Have suggestions for new content? Submit them here.
APA PsycINFO on ProQuest new features and enhancements - November 2016
The APA strives to keep PsycINFO and its companion databases useful and relevant, this means making enhancements to improve usability and adding new tools to make it easier for users to conduct their research. We recently refreshed PsycINFO, PsycBOOKS, PsycCRITIQUES and PsycARTICLES on ProQuest with several new features provided by the APA. Read this rundown of the new features