SIRS Government Reporter
SIRS Government Reporter® provides current and historic government documents; landmark and recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions; information about federal departments, agencies, elected leaders and more. The main database delivers thousands of carefully selected full-text documents and graphics concerning a wide variety of topics: health, science, economics, environment, politics, foreign affairs, business and industry.
- Subject Headings - Use to search a subject index to quickly locate the most relevant results.
- Keyword/Natural Language - Use to locate results based upon your own combination of key words and phrases.
- Topic Browse - Use to locate results by exploring topics and subtopics in a multilevel tree.
Editor's Top Pick:
Articles and images are selected each week by the SIRS research team for their exceptional interest or research value. Select the article title to view the article or select the graphic thumbnail to view the full-sized graphic.
- Country Profiles includes profiles of nearly 200 countries from the U.S. State Department. Information about the people, history, government, economy and geography is provided. Maps of each country are available in a printable format
- Federal Agencies supplies contact and background information for hundreds of Federal departments and agencies
- Historic Documents provides more than two-hundred full-text documents, treaties and speeches of exceptional historic value.
- National Archives Documents provides highly visual primary sources from the National Archives and Records Administration that illustrate social, political and cultural themes in U.S. history. Annotated bibliographies, time lines, glossaries and brief biographies enhance each historical unit.
- U.S. Congress provides data on members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. This directory details professional background information, contact information and committee assignments. A Congressional Committees directory lists the members of each committee and subcommittee. The chair and ranking minority are also identified.
- U.S. Presidents locates biographical information and a portrait of each U.S. president, as well as information about presidential libraries, burial places of the presidents, presidential facts and information about wives and children of the presidents.
- U.S. Supreme Court provides hundreds of full-text case documents, both landmark and recent, dating back to the inception of the Court. Cases are selected for their constitutional and/or social value. Also includes a directory of U.S. Supreme Court Justices which supplies statistical and anecdotal information on all past and current U.S. Supreme Court justices.
Note: Your license may not include access to all databases.