There are two options for obtaining MARC records from OASIS.
- Enhanced MARCs for ebooks can be delivered in an overnight process, and for print books, can be provided at various levels depending on library need. With the exception of Ebook Central records, enhanced MARCs typically incur a charge based on the level of customization.
- Order Level MARCs may be downloaded by ratifiers and imported into the Library Management System (LMS) as placeholders or to assist with the ordering workflow.
Ordering by MARC
Order Level MARCs can be used in various workflows to checkout and submit your order to OASIS:
- FTP MARC and Order checkout functionality provides the ability to make selections, download a MARC file into your LMS, and place orders through OASIS in one step.
- MARC Download & Order works in a similar fashion, without the added step of using an FTP. The MARC file will be downloaded onto the local PC or server and the librarian can choose to upload it to the LMS to create acquisitions or holding records at their convenience, but the order is still transmitted automatically through OASIS.
- FTP MARC & Clear is for ordering directly from the LMS through EDI.
- MARC Download & Clear is for those who prefer to download into a local PC or server first, and to then place the order using EDI.
Downloaded MARC records can be modified to include additional local ordering data in the 9XX fields as required.
NOTE: Users of MARC records from OASIS must abide by 'Guidelines for the Use and Transfer of OCLC-Derived Records'