The OASIS Administrator can make changes to the users assigned to the OASIS portal after those users have been added by ProQuest's configuration team. (To add users, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a case at support.proquest.com).
To change the access permissions for current users of OASIS, go to Administration > Manage Account > Security (first tab below blue separator line). The Administrator can set each individual's access levels/permissions with respect to placing orders, claiming, canceling, standing orders, etc.
Select the OASIS user from the above the blue line to modify settings:
- Accept Forwarding will allow the user's name to appear in the List/Forward box.
- Request recipient allows a user to receive requests. (Specific workflow used by Shibboleth customers outside of North America).
- Ratifier allows users to be Ratifiers for other selectors. You can select ALL or up to three individuals.
- Firm Orders permissions include the ability to provide a default PO number for a users along with default location codes, loan types, or fund codes.
- Place Order, Place Claim, and Place Cancel settings fall under the following parameters:
- No Access – prevents access.
- Read Only – allows user read only access.
- Authorization Required – allows the user to make selections and forward those on to a Ratifier.
- Automatic Authorization – allows the user to authorize and place orders with ProQuest (this would be necessary for a Ratifier).
- Standing Orders permissions include Place Order, Place Claim and Place Cancel and offer the options of Full Access, Read Only or No Access.
- Hide Accounts will hide Standing Orders from the user's menu..
An individual user (non-administrator) can see their settings by going to the same location Administration > Manage Account > Security.