Requirements For Adding Titles to DDA Pool in OASIS
- Library customer must have an available DDA pool to access OASIS DDA functionality.
- OASIS Administrator users will have exclusive authority to grant their institution's users access to the DDA action.
- Selector/Ratifier users will have access to DDA action only when granted authority as above.
Enabling DDA Availabilty
As an administrator, you will have to activate DDA addition for your group and account before you can proceed. To do so, please take the following steps:
- Log into your OASIS account.
- Go to the Manage Group section under Administration.
- Check the Enable Add To DDA Functionality checkbox under the Properties tab.
- Save the change.
- Go to the Manage Account section.
- Click on the DDA tab found among the administration options at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the Allow Addition to DDA Profiles checkbox and select the relevant profile(s) for every user account you would like to enable for DDA.
- Save the changes.
Those users should now be able to add titles to your DDA pool.
Following a Search, or a user opening a list or Slip Notifications, title’s DDA eligibility will be indicated in the following places:
- Browse Row next to the license options.
- The "Alternate ebook platforms and licenses" pane in "Alternate Formats" section.
Adding Eligible Title(s) to DDA Pool
Mark for DDA Addition
- The first step of adding eligible titles to the DDA pool is to mark them for DDA addition.
Mark a single title for DDA Addition
- To mark a single title for DDA addition, click on the Action arrow and select “Mark For DDA Addition” option in the dropdown menu, when at user option, an order form will come up.
- If Fund and Location Code are required fields under your library’s configuration, you will need to fill them in.
- Once the form is submitted, you should see a green “DDA” label above the Action arrow of the selected title, meaning that the title was successfully marked for DDA.
Mark multiple titles for DDA Addition
- You can mark all the titles on your list for DDA addition by clicking on the “Mark All” button at the top of the screen and selecting a “Mark all for DDA Addition” option.
- Following the form submission, all titles on your list should have a green “DDA” label above their Action arrows.
- The second step of adding eligible titles to the DDA pool is to process the list with title(s) marked for DDA addition and add them to the DDA queue.
- Add Marked Title(s) To DDA Queue.
- After marking titles for the DDA pool, click on the “Process List” button at the top of the screen, select the “Add Titles to DDA Pool” option, and submit the form.
Process List Errors
- If there is insufficient order information associated with your request, you will see an error popup along with an error message in red in the browse row titles in question.
- To fix the order form errors, repeat the steps required for “Marking for DDA Addition” for each of the titles in question and fill in the missing order information.
- After filling in the missing information for each of the marked titles, process the list again by clicking on the “Process List” button.
Verify Title(s) Addition to DDA Queue
- After successfully processing Marked for DDA title(s) on your list, you should see an orange “Queued for DDA” label in the browse row as well as an entry in the Check Status tab of each of the added titles.
- Please allow at least 24 hours for your queued titles to appear in your DDA pool. Processing takes place on daily basis Monday through Friday, so any titles queued for DDA addition on Friday will be processed on the following Monday.
Identify Title(s) in DDA Pool
- To identify titles in your DDA Pool, look for the “In DDA Pool” label in the browse row of the titles on your list. To see when a title was added to the DDA pool, see the Check Status tab.