OASIS offers a great deal of flexibility for working with titles in lists.Types of listsCreating custom listsAdding titles to a custom listSetting up email notificationsSharing custom lists
Types of Lists
Throughout OASIS, groups of titles are called lists. Depending on the workflow or type of list, they may posses similar behaviors or not. Some lists are considered "system" lists. These will either always appear or may appear based on the user's role at the library. Titles which are actioned (selected, ordered) from a "system" list will automatically be removed from the list. These lists may include, but are not limited to:
- Shopping Cart
- Authorize Orders
- Sent to Ratifier
- Slip Notifications
In addition to "system" lists, OASIS supports user defined Custom Lists.
Users may create as many custom lists as they need, though at this time we recommend keeping lists to 500 titles or fewer in order to ensure system stability. Users cannot access colleagues’ custom lists; however, there is a golden check status phrase “On a List” in the browse row, and a similar phrase in the Check Status tab of the split screen, to notify customers when they are viewing a title which a colleague within the same library has added to a list.
Titles will remain on a custom list until the user chooses to remove them, even if they are ordered or added to another list.
Return to Top
Creating custom lists
There are a variety of ways to create new lists, depending on the specific activity the user is completing.
1. Creating a list while browsing a group of titles such as search results or slip notifications
- Using the green action arrow or bulk action buttons choose the List/Forward option.
- Enter a name for your new list in the New List box and click Create List. (This will move your new list to the top of any existing lists, where you can then easily select it.
- NOTE: After moving to a list, you will be given the option to add order information. If you do not want to add information now, deselect "Show Order Info" in the bottom left of the Order Info dialogue box and select Skip.
- If you do not wish to add the title to the list, exit out of the dialog (there is no save button; you've already saved by creating the list).
2. Creating a list while viewing other custom lists
- While on the My Lists or Lists & Groups page choose the Create New List button in the upper right corner.
- Change the Description field to the name of your new list.
- Ignore the List Life-Cycle functionality.
- Ensure that the box for Slip Forward Eligible is checked if you wish to move slips to this list.
- Modify the email notification settings as desired
- Be sure to save the dialog before closing.
3. Creating a list which maintaining all lists (not just custom lists)
- Navigate to Account Settings and choose the List Maintenance tab.
- In the right-hand corner of the split screen choose the Add New List button.
- Everything else is exactly like creating a list from within the Lists page, as per #2, except that it happens in the bottom split screen, instead of in a pop-up dialog.
Adding titles to a custom list
It is easy to add titles to a list. From any browse row screen use either the green action arrow for single titles or the bulk action buttons for multiple titles and choose the List/Forward option.
Select the list you would like to add your titles to.
- If you want to add order information at this time, make sure the left-hand box is checked before clicking Send.
- If you want to move titles from one list to another, make sure the right-hand box is checked to "Remove affected title(s) from page" before clicking Send.
Setting up email notifications
OASIS offers several options for receiving email notifications when new titles have been added to any list, whether it is a customer list or a system list. These options can be managed using the List Maintenance functionality, from either the Lists page (using the green action arrow) or from Account Settings.
Here you can set preferences for each list:
- Frequency with which emails will be sent
- Whether you would like to include a "Recommend" and "Reject" button for each title
- Plain text format or HTML
- And the email address to which the notification will be sent
NOTE: "Instant" notifications can take 15 minutes or longer, depending on the list and the number of notifications. (Slip notification emails may take even longer.) All other notifications are delivered in the early morning (North America). We do not recommend using the monthly notification option at this time.
In the List/Forward dialog, Custom Lists with email notifications will be found under the "E-mail"
section, after the "Lists" section.
The email will come from the alias YourLibraryLiaison@proquest.com and may contain the subject line "Selections in [list name
]" or "Title(s) for your Consideration"
For titles using the Recommendation functionality
, clicking on either link (Recommend or Reject) will allow the faculty selector to view any notes you have included and add a note back to you. Their response will appear in your Inbox, with a note that includes their name and whether they have recommended or rejected the title.
Sharing custom lists with colleagues
While OASIS does not currently support the ability to send a list to a colleague as a single unit, there are 2 options for sharing custom lists with colleagues.
To Forward titles to a colleague:
- Depending on the need, one option might be to set up email notifications for the colleague as described above.
- Another option is to forward titles to a colleague's Inbox.
- From within a list, click the checkbox to check all titles.
- Then, using the Bulk Action buttons, choose the List/Forward option, just as you would to add titles to a list.
- Instead of selecting a list, choose a colleague from the Forwarding section, at the bottom of the dialog.
- NOTE: Individual users must have "Accepts Forwarding" turned on in their Account Settings > Preferences in order to be listed here.
The titles will appear in your colleague's In Box with a note in the browse row that includes your name and the name of your list.