How does the Flexible Holdings feature work?
The library holdings profile is intended to mark titles as owned in OASISNew options:
How were Holdings previously managed?
- Holdings Profiles are now configurable by format. Two holdings profiles are allowed - print and ebooks separately
- Each Holdings Profile can dedupe or not dedupe against New Title profiles; configurable by profile
- We can load ISBNS from a MARC record by format
- Each profile can refresh holdings with each holdings load if desired
What happens if customer does not do a special configuration? What is the default?
- Previously there was no flexibility by format
- Customers could only configure their holdings to always dupe check or never force a duplication check against New Titles profiles
- Previous configuration applied to all formats
- All ISBNs were taken from a MARC record and added to holdings
Benefits of new method:
- The old (default) way is the default for both Excel and MARC holdings loads. All ISBNs in the MARC will be added to holdings
- Holdings profile will deduplicate against New Titles profiles
- Holdings will not be refreshed
- Accuracy - New method of handing holdings will allow us to be more accurate down to which format is currently in holdings
- Flexibility - Allows you to load holdings by format or that you don’t mind duplicating