If you are presented with the option to save a downloaded ebook file and it doesn't automatically open, you will need to adjust your download settings in Chrome.
Example: A dialog box will open, similar to the one below, and will display a "File name" with a random set of numbers. The "Save as type" field will display "Adobe Content Server Message." How to adjust your settings in Chrome so ebooks download directly to Adobe Digital Editions
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click More Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and click Advanced
- Go to the Downloads section
- If the setting for "Ask where to save each file before downloading" is turned off, turn it on by sliding the toggle switch to the right. The selection will appear as follows
6. Return to Ebook Central and download the ebook
- A file may appear in the bottom left of the screen
- Click on it and it will open in Adobe Digital Editions
To have the file always open automatically in the Chrome browser, when the file completes loading
click on the small arrow icon next to it and select the "always open files of this type" option.