Why is my ebook not downloading automatically to Adobe Digital Editions when using Chrome?
If you are presented with the option to "save as" and a screen opens that is similar to the one below, you will need to adjust your download settings in Chrome. How to adjust your settings in Chrome so ebooks download directly to Adobe Digital Editions
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Go to the Downloads section.
- If the setting for "Ask where to save each file before downloading" is turned off, turn it on so that the selection appears as follows.
6. Return to Ebook Central and download the ebook. A file may appear in the bottom left of the screen. Click on it and it will open in Adobe Digital Editions.
To have the file always open automatically in the Chrome browser, when the file completes loading, click on the small arrow icon next to it and select the "always open files of this type" option.