Your Ebook Central Perpetual Access
holdings can be automatically updated in OCLC Worldcat Knowledgebase. To enable this service, please contact Ebook Support via the support center
or by emailing email@example.com. In your request, please provide the following information:
- Your OCLC symbol
- Your Ebook Central site ID/URL
- Whether you would like to send your Perpetual or DDA titles, or both
Please verify with OCLC support that you are set up for Worldcat KB before placing your request with Ebook Support.
How does the integration work?
- We send perpetual and DDA-discoverable holdings information to OCLC for all Ebook Central customers who have enabled automated holdings. Currently this feed is set to run weekly on Thursday evenings.
- OCLC processes this data and loads it into WorldCat knowledge base. Please allow some time for the data to load.
- Once implemented, your Ebook Central perpetual and DDA-discoverable holdings will be maintained automatically in your WorldCat knowledge base.
What about subscription collections?
- When you have enabled automated holdings, we also provide OCLC with the list of subscription collections on your site.
- We automatically update OCLC with changes to the contents of Ebook Central subscriptions.
If you are a member of a consortium, we will send consortium holdings along with your locally-held titles.