A limited number of titles on Ebook Central are not available for online reading, because they are in an incompatible format. These titles can only be accessed through Full Document Download. For more information on how this appears to patrons, see Why can't I read this book in the online reader?
If you are also seeing the Download Book button greyed out for these titles, your LibCentral Access Permissions Settings may be preventing the book from being accessible to your patrons.
- Go to LibCentral, and under Settings choose Access Permissions
- Click on the Permission ID
- Select the Owned Tab
- Under Download Days, check if the download days for the access model of the book is set to 0. If so, this is preventing the book from being downloadable.
- Change the Download Days to a non-zero value. NOTE: this will affect all titles with this access model, not just download-only titles.
If you do not want to change access permissions for all titles with that access model, you can update book level permissions:
- Go to the LibCentral details page for the book
- Under 'Book Level Permissions' section, check the option to 'Use book specific permissions'
- Set the download days for the Access Model owned to a non-zero value to change the download days for this title only
NOTE: All other settings restricting download are bypassed for download-only titles. Only the Download Days setting is enforced.