Welcome | Global Support
We're excited to announce that ProQuest Congressional will be enhanced and improved in the summer of 2019. We recommend that you bookmark this page as we will be posting the latest updates here in the weeks and months ahead.
Notify Me: Want to stay up to date? Sign up for updates by clicking "Notify Me".
- Search results will be organized by Content Type. A new section at the top of the search results page will direct users to the best results for each Content Type and give them more information about the content type choices they can select for further exploration. More results are displayed below the top hits.
- Improvements to the Advanced Search Form layout provide search options for specific content types (Hearings, CRS Reports, House & Senate Documents/Reports, etc.). Duplicate entry points to content have been eliminated and streamlined to make it easier for users to select the content they need.
- Search by Number form has been improved and made more intuitive through clearer navigation and page organization, as well as explanations of content types.
- Basic Search has been updated to analyze search queries for key citations, such as bills and laws, and returning the matching document at the top of the page.
- Search results relevance is improved to emphasize content types that are expected to be most useful for the search that was performed. For example, Member Profiles are now displayed first when searching for Member of Congress.
- HELP will be updated and available via the LibGuide through links in the product interface (typically found in the upper right corner of the page, and in the footer.)
- Congress in Context is growing in its usefulness to students, therefore it will be placed more prominently on the page. Congress in Context illustrates what was going on during each Congress, including information on House and Senate leadership and partisan composition. This useful feature provides perspective on economic conditions, foreign relations, current events and more. PDFs of supporting documents are provided.
What to Expect
- As development on these improvements continues, we will update this page with screenshots and explanations of the planned improvements.
- ProQuest will plan for and arrange customer sessions at upcoming tradeshows and conferences, so customers can see the new interface, use it and ask questions.
- Customers are welcome to provide feedback at any time through this development and design process. Please send your comments and feedback to ProQuest Congressional Product Manager Catherine Johnson.
ProQuest offers best-in-class customer service and technical support, so you can hit the ground running.
If the above information does not answer your questions feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist.