After an order has been placed, customers may have the option to claim an outstanding order or cancel one that is no longer needed.
Claiming an order in OASIS:
- Claims are allowed after an order has reached a certain age, and has not yet been received by ProQuest from the supplier:
- For RUSH orders a claim is allowed 7 days after the order was originally placed.
- For standard orders a claim is allowed 30 days after the order was originally placed.
- Customers will not be able to claim an order if the title has not yet been published, or if they have received a status report (such as Backordered) in the last 30 days.
Cancelling an order in OASIS:
- Cancellations may be possible if the supplier has not yet sent ProQuest the title, unless the the order was pre-paid to the supplier.
- Cancellations may not be possible if the supplier does not accept returns and the order is not over a certain age:
- Titles ordered from a UK supplier may be cancelled if not filled within 30 days.
- Titles ordered from all other suppliers including North America may be cancelled if not filled within 60 days.