Welcome | Global Support
Alexander Street Historical Collections are migrating to the LAZR Platform! Dual Access is now available!
Several Alexander Street legacy products are moving to the LAZR platform! In total, 25 products will move, in phases, over the course of 2020. The first and second phase are now in progress, and dual access is available. Product Access URLs are provided below for products that fall into Phase 1 and Phase 2. This means that customers can experience the product on both platforms, while taking steps now to prepare for legacy shutdown. We expect to have these products in dual access for approximately six months. Check back here often for regular updates.
Notify Me: Want to stay up to date? Sign up for updates by clicking "Notify Me".
- Newly-enhanced Alexander Street LAZR platform. The modernized interface will consider the devices users are accessing the platform with, and the display will match the device (large monitors, standard desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones). The Alexander Street platform is also Counter 5 compliant.
- Modern research experience, guiding discovery, access and management of content sources. The new platform allows for easier navigation and discoverability of content. It is also easier to search within a document on the new instance on the LAZR platform. Ex search: American Revolution in North American Women’s Letters and Diaries. Then search for childbirth.
Legacy (Old Platform): childbirth is a facet, however, a user can not limit results to topics or subjects outside of the listed facets.
LAZR (New Platform): A user can search within the American Revolution results to find documents related to childbirth. The user can keep entering search terms until they narrow down the documents to what is most relevant for their research.
LAZR (New Platform): A user can search for specific words within the text. Results will highlight and show all locations that the word appears in the diary. Ex search: funeral
- Cross-searchable with other entitled Alexander Street databases, including all letters and diaries collections, Early Experiences in Australasia, and African Diaspora 1860-present, etc.
Steps to take to prepare for Legacy site shutdown:
- You will have until June/July 2020 to acclimate yourself to Alexander Street Letters & Diaries products in their new environment! We encourage you to create new bookmarks and update your A-Z list. You may also want to update your discovery tools to point your users to the new URL. Once the legacy shutdown date is determined, at that time, we will decommission the Letters & Diaries legacy URLs and redirects will point users of the legacy site to the new version of the product on the LAZR platform.
- During the dual access period, usage of the legacy site will be available from the Administration Resources area of the legacy platform. Once the legacy site has been shut down, ProQuest will keep legacy usage statistics for approximately one year after the dual access period ends. Once you begin to use the new Letters & Diaries products on the LAZR platform, usage statistics pertaining to this new version of the product will be available via the ProQuest Administrator Module (PAM).
- Discovery services – Both Ex Libris PRIMO and SUMMON will enable the new feed to the new access URL at the time of launch so they can direct queries to either the legacy or the new site until the end of the dual access period. At the end of the dual access period, the legacy Letters & Diaries site(s) will be disabled, and customers will have to select the new version of their individual Letters & Diaries products in their discovery tools.
- All Letters & Diaries product trials will be available only on the LAZR Platform.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will there be new product MARC records for Legacy Collections?
No. The records will not change, but the URL’s will be redirected to the new platform.
- What will happen if we do nothing, if we don’t update the existing MARC records for the Legacy Collections?
Access to the legacy platforms will be available through June/July 2020, after which all users will be redirected into the new platform. MARC records will automatically be redirected to the new address.
- What would be the advantage of updating the database URL?
The advantage of updating the URL early it will give your users access to more content through cross search and they will become familiar with the new platform.
- What will happen at the end of the dual access period?
Access to the legacy platforms will be available through June/July 2020 after which all users will be redirected into the new platform. MARC records will automatically be redirected to the new address. Redirects have been put in place for the most commonly used pages, but some individually bookmarked pages may be affected.
- What will happen to Legacy Collection bookmarks?
Redirects have been put in place for the most commonly used pages, but some individually bookmarked pages may be affected. During dual access period users will need to make new bookmarks on the new platform as not all bookmarked pages will be migrated.
LAZR Product Access URLs for Phase 1 and 2 Products:
British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries:
Manuscript Women’s Letters and Diaries:
North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries and Oral Histories:
North American Women’s Letters and Diaries:
The American Civil War: Letters and Diaries:
Oral History Online:
North American Indian Thought and Culture:
Black Thought and Culture:
Early Encounters in North America:
Round 1: June/July 2020
- British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries
- Manuscript Women’s Letters and Diaries
- North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries and Oral Histories
- North American Women’s Letters and Diaries
- The American Civil War: Letters and Diaries
Round 2: June/July 2020
- Oral History Online
- North American Indian Thought and Culture
- Black Thought and Culture
- Early Encounters in North America
Round 3: TBD
- Images of America
- The Gilded Age
- Twentieth Century Advice Literature: North American Guides on Race, Gender, Sex, and the Family
- The Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960-1974
Round 4: TBD
- Social Theory
- The Digital Karl Barth Library
- The Digital Library of Classic Protestant Texts
- The Digital Library of the Catholic Reformation
- Twentieth Century Religious Thought Library
- Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume 1: Christianity
- Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume 2: Islam
- Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume 3: Judaism
- Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume 4: Eastern Religions
ProQuest offers best-in-class customer service and technical support, so you can hit the ground running.
If the above information does not answer your questions feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist.