Welcome | Global Support
Alexander Street Historical Collections are migrating to the LAZR Platform!
- Legacy sites are sunsetting for Phase 1 products
- Dual access is now available for Phase 2 products!
Several Alexander Street legacy products are moving to the LAZR platform! In total, 25 products will move, in two phases, over the course of 2020. The first phase, is readying to shutdown legacy sites on June 30, 2020. Product Access URLs are provided below for products that fall into Phase 1. Phase 2 is preparing to begin dual access on June 30, 2020, with legacy site shut down scheduled by year-end. Specific dates for Phase 2 legacy site shutdown will be made available in future communications and on this page. New product URLs for Phase 2 products can be found below.
Check back here often for regular updates.
Notify Me: Want to stay up to date? Sign up for updates by clicking "Notify Me".
- Newly-enhanced Alexander Street LAZR platform. The modernized interface will consider the devices users are accessing the platform with, and the display will match the device (large monitors, standard desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones). The Alexander Street platform is also Counter 5 compliant.
- Modern research experience, guiding discovery, access and management of content sources. The new platform allows for easier navigation and discoverability of content. It is also easier to search within a document on the new instance on the LAZR platform.
Example search: Hadith in Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume 2: Islam. Then search for qadar (predestination).
Legacy (Old Platform): Many results for Hadith, however, a user can not limit results to topics or subjects outside of the listed facets, including search term qadar.
LAZR (New Platform): A user can search within the Hadith results to find documents related to qadar. The user can keep entering search terms until they narrow down the documents to what is most relevant for their research.
LAZR (New Platform): A user can search for specific words within the text. Results will highlight and show all locations that the word appears in the monograph. Ex search: Sunnah
Example search: American Revolution in North American Women’s Letters and Diaries. Then search for childbirth.
Legacy (Old Platform): childbirth is a facet, however, a user can not limit results to topics or subjects outside of the listed facets.
LAZR (New Platform): A user can search within the American Revolution results to find documents related to childbirth. The user can keep entering search terms until they narrow down the documents to what is most relevant for their research.
- Cross-searchable with other entitled Alexander Street databases, including all letters and diaries collections, The Digital Library of Classic Protestant Texts, Early Experiences in Australasia, and African Diaspora 1860-present, etc.
Steps to take to prepare for Legacy site shutdown of Phase 2 products:
- You will have until year end to acclimate yourself to Alexander Street Phase 2 products in their new environment! We encourage you to create new bookmarks and update your A-Z list. You may also want to update your discovery tools to point your users to the new URL. Once the legacy shutdown date is determined, at that time, we will decommission the legacy URLs and redirects will point users of the legacy site to the new version of the product on the LAZR platform.
- During the dual access period, usage of the legacy site will be available from the Administration Resources area of the legacy platform. Once the legacy site has been shut down, ProQuest will keep legacy usage statistics for approximately one year after the dual access period ends. Once you begin to use the new products on the LAZR platform, usage statistics pertaining to this new version of the product will be available via the ProQuest Administrator Module (PAM).
- Discovery services – Both Ex Libris PRIMO and SUMMON will enable the new feed to the new access URL at the time of launch so they can direct queries to either the legacy or the new site until the end of the dual access period. At the end of the dual access period, the legacy sites will be disabled, and customers will have to select the new version of their individual products in their discovery tools.
- All product trials will be available only on the LAZR Platform.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will there be new product MARC records for Legacy Collections?
No. The records will not change, but the URL’s will be redirected to the new platform.
- What will happen if we do nothing, if we don’t update the existing MARC records for the Legacy Collections?
Access to the Phase 2 legacy platforms will be available through year end, 2020, after which all users will be redirected into the new platform. MARC records will automatically be redirected to the new address.
- What would be the advantage of updating the database URL?
The advantage of updating the URL early it will give your users access to more content through cross search and they will become familiar with the new platform.
- What will happen at the end of the dual access period?
Access to the legacy platforms will be available through June/July 2020 after which all users will be redirected into the new platform. MARC records will automatically be redirected to the new address. Redirects have been put in place for the most commonly used pages, but some individually bookmarked pages may be affected.
- What will happen to Legacy Collection bookmarks?
Redirects have been put in place for the most commonly used pages, but some individually bookmarked pages may be affected. During dual access period users will need to make new bookmarks on the new platform as not all bookmarked pages will be migrated.
LAZR Product Access URLs for Phase 1 Products:
British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries:
Manuscript Women’s Letters and Diaries:
North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries and Oral Histories:
North American Women’s Letters and Diaries:
The American Civil War: Letters and Diaries:
Oral History Online:
North American Indian Thought and Culture:
Black Thought and Culture:
Early Encounters in North America:
LAZR Product Access URLs for Phase 2 Products:
Dual access will begin on June 30, 2020 and legacy sites will shut down at year end, 2020
Images of America
The Gilded Age
Twentieth Century Advice Literature: North American Guides on Race, Gender, Sex, and the Family
The Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960-1974
The Digital Karl Barth Library
The Digital Library of Classic Protestant Texts
The Digital Library of the Catholic Reformation
Twentieth Century Religious Thought Library
Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume I: Christianity
Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume II: Islam
Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume III: Judaism
Twentieth Century Religious Thought, Volume IV: Eastern Religions
ProQuest offers best-in-class customer service and technical support, so you can hit the ground running.
If the above information does not answer your questions feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist.