How do I access the administrator options for SIRS?
You can access the administration options for SIRS using the URL's below:
SIRS Knowledge Source:
From the administration options, you can:
- Change the default search method
- Search Portal
- Advanced Search
- Quick Search
- Topic Browse
- Change the default search options
- Default search field
- Default article sorting method
- Customize the Exit Page URL
- Enable and disable special functions in SIRS:
- Disable/Enable E-mail
- The E-mail icon appears allowing patrons to e-mail full-text articles, sources, summaries and graphics to their personal e-mail address when enabled.
- Disable/Enable Session Save
- The Session Save button appears in the top navigation bar when enabled. Users can conduct research incrementally over a period of time, by saving their search history and tagged list. By entering a unique username and password, sessions can be saved and retrieved for up to 30 days.
- Disable/Enable Search History
- The Search History button appears in the top navigational bar when enabled. This feature provides a quick list of links to search results performed during a session. Where applicable, the number of articles returned is included.
- Disable/Enable Print Button
- The Print button displays after selecting clean copy for printing, and activates a print dialog box when selected. This feature provides easy access to the browser's print function even when in Kiosk mode.
- Disable/Enable Bookmarking
- The Bookmark icon creates a shortcut to the article text and saves it in a browser's favorites list. The URL link will remain valid for 60 days before expiring.
- Disable/Enable Lexiles
- Lexile scores, Lexile sort options and Lexile range limiting may be removed from database completely if your institution does not use Lexiles.
- Disable/Enable Link to SIRS Discoverer
- The following button appears on the Database Features page and also on the SIRS Knowledge Source portal page if you have more than one SKS database.