Admins, Content Holdings: What does the $ icon under the check box in some search results indicate?
Basically, the $ icon is used to indicate titles that are purchasable and that you do NOT already have on your ebrary site.The $ icon only appears
- next to purchasable titles that you do NOT already have on your ebrary site
- when you are signed in with an admin-enabled username (that is, end users won’t see the $ icons, and an admin won’t see the $ icons if not signed in)
- in searches under the Admin tab or in the Working List (which is only available to admins)
- If you have a title in an active PDA collection, then it is already available on your ebrary site and so the $ icon will NOT display.
- If you already own the title or it is in a subscription collection you have, the $ icon will NOT display.
- If you do an Admin > Acquisitions search and leave the collection at “All Purchasable (Excludes Holdings)” then all of the results will have a $ icon because they are all purchasable and are not already on your site
- But, if you do an Admin > Acquisitions search and change the collection to “All (Includes Holdings)” then some of the results might not have a $ icon next to them because you’ve asked it to even show titles already available on your ebrary site (and those won’t have a $ icon).