Personal Account: Facebook Sign-in Feature
The Facebook login option is typically only used if your ebrary site uses a custom login such as Athens, Shibboleth, EZproxy Single Sign On, or ebrary hosted-remote access.To use the Facebook Sign-in
feature, you first need to link your ebrary account to your Facebook account (a one-time setup):
- Go to your ebrary site using a browser on your computer
- Sign In to your personal ebrary account (Don’t already have one? Create one, see to-create-ebrary-account)
- Click “My Settings” link at top-right of ebrary screen
- Under “Link your account to Facebook“, click “Log In“
- On Facebook log-in screen, enter your Facebook credentials, click “Log In”(Don’t have a Facebook account? Click “Sign up for Facebook” at lower left)
You can then sign in to ebrary using the “Sign in with Facebook
” button and your Facebook credentials.Troubleshooting
What if under My Settings, "Link your account to Facebook" doesn't show up :
- Make sure you've signed in prior to going to your "My Settings" link (you cannot link to Facebook until you sign in to your personal ebrary account)
- It is important to do this from a computer, not an iPad.
- If you are accessing your ebrary site via proxied link, the Facebook login is not a viable option. Just login as usual with your ebrary username and password instead.
- If your Java cache is full or if your Java is out of date, it wont display the Facebook login, so:
- Clear your Java cache:
- Open your computer's Control Panel
- From there, open "Java"
- Under "General" tab, " Temporary Internet Files", click "Settings..."
- Then click "Delete Files..."
- When in doubt, update your Java