Troubleshooting: Gathering "Charles" diagnostics
Occasionally, a specific problem may require the collection of special diagnostics that ebrary can use to analyze the problem. The following instructions describe how to record and send this info to ebrary.
- First you'll need to get the Charles Diagnostics software off the web if you don't already have it (it is a free download):
- Go to the following URL:http://www.charlesproxy.com/download.php
- Download the appropriate version for your system
- Install it on a computer that has been experiencing the problem
- Start the Charles script software (i.e., begin recording) by clicking the icon with the red round button on it
- Open a new browser window or tab
- Go directly to your ebrary site
- Reproduce the problem you are having
- End recording by clicking the icon with the red round button on it again
- Save the session ("File" menu, "Save")
- Then please email that file as an enclosure to email@example.com
The file shows the detail of each URL to your browser, all network traffic, and possible error messages recorded during the session.