Admins, Ordering: Uploading a list of books then ordering that list
First, go to your ebrary site and sign in using an admin-enabled username.
1. Clear your working list
- Go to the Search tab (not the Admin tab)
- Click on the LIST tab
- Click “Select All“
- Click the “Remove Selection from List” button
Your working list should now be empty. To import a list of books:2. Still in your working list, click the “Import/Export”
button at the far right3. Paste in a list
of one of the following:
- A list of ebrary docIDs (the most reliable)
- A list of ISBN numbers (use multipe ISBN numbers for the same document if you have them, e.g. hardback, paperback, ebook ISBN)
- A list of Titles (if there’s even a small difference in wording or punctuation, it won’t find the title)
4. Select the corresponding type
by clicking the radio button for either ISBNs, Titles, or ebrary Doc IDs5. Click the “Import
” button. It will tell you how many titles were successfully imported to your working list. Note that it will only import titles that are either active titles on your site, or titles that are purchasable on your site.6. Click the “Return to Working List
” buttonThere will be an entry in your working list for each book in your pasted-in list that matches one that ebrary would be able to provide on your site. To place an order for some or all of the titles in your working list:7. Click "Select All
" to select all the titles in your list, or click the check box of only certain titles8. Click on the button "Prepare to Order Selection
"9. You'll be told which titles are available, etc., click "Order available documents
"10. You'll be on a page titled "Select Documents to Order", click to select SUPO, 3USER
for each title. (Note, some titles are not offered as 3USER or MUPO, and MUPO licences are not currently allowed on K/12 or public libraries)11. Click "Review Order"
12. This is the final step before actually placing the order. If you click "Submit Order"
, these titles will be ordered. Note: if you purchase a title that’s already on your site in a subscription collection, the URL will remain the same and you will not
be sent a duplicate MARC record.Note: you can check the status of all orders using the “ORDERS