Admins, PDA/Loans: To create a new PDA or PDA+Loan profile1. Go to your ebrary site and sign in to your ebrary account 2. Click the Admin tab, then ACQUISITION tab 3. Click-to-select Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA) 4. OPTION A to limit by SUBJECT then PUBLISHER:
- Click Find by Subject
- Click to select the subject(s) to include (click + to narrow a subject further)Due to system limitations, avoid selecting all and then deselecting a few -It will result in the error message "Unfortunately, we couldn't find any documents that match your search criteria. Please try again."
- Click Show PublishersDue to system limitations, avoid selecting all and then deselecting a few -It will result in the error message "Unfortunately, we couldn't find any documents that match your search criteria. Please try again."
- Click to select the publisher(s) to include, or click “Select All Publishers” then click to remove specific publishers
- OPTION 1 if your search criteria is complete, click Show Documents
- OPTION 2 to narrow with additional search criteria, click Filter, enter search criteria, click Filter
... OPTION B to limit using the usual ADVANCED SEARCH features:
- Click Advanced Search
- It should come up with the PDA eligible collection already selected
- Enter search criteria
- Click Search ebrary
5. At this point, you will have a collection of titles that have met all your search criteria. Select only the titles in this list that you want to make available in your PDA collection (or click Select All).6. Click Create PDA profile 7. Follow the prompts to name your profile, fill in your email, etc.
8. Click Create. For alert that non-PDA-eligible titles will be removed, click OK.
- Be sure the PDA box is checked.
- If you’re using fund codes, assign one.
- You can choose the option of "Loans before purchase" to make this a PDA+Loan profile (except Loans are not available for Corporate or Government sites due to publisher restrictions):
- If a title is Loan-eligible, triggerable use will cause it to be loaned; after max loans, triggerable use will cause it to be purchased
- If a title is not Loan-eligible, triggerable use will cause it to be purchased right off
- The email address(es) listed here will be notified for the following:
- When the profile's search criteria is auto-rerun, if new results matching the search criteria are found
- When a loan is initiated, a notification email is sent
- In the email, the recipient is given the option of purchasing the loaned title without further loans, removing it from the PDA discoverable list, or making no change
- This email will also be sent to the email address(es) listed in the fund code if one is assigned to the profile
That’s it. Your profile will have then been created! It has a search criteria and a collection. You can take a closer look at your collection (and narrow it further) by clicking the "View Collection" link in the PROFILE tab. Your profile collection should only include titles you want your patrons to access and potentially trigger for purchase.After completing the above steps, the titles in your PDA collection will be active on your ebrary site once:
- ebrary’s Order Fulfillment team has designated funds to your PDA account(check this under the LOAN/PDA tab)
- The profile’s associated fund code (if you assigned one) is enabled(check this under the FUND CODE tab)
And at that point you will also have access to the ebrary MARC records for all the titles in your collection.