Admins, PDA/Loans: To de-dupe a list of outside-of-ebrary titles from your profile collection(s)
1. Clear your working list
- Go to the Search tab (not the Admin tab)
- Click on the LIST tab
- Click "Select All"
- Click the "Remove Selection from List" button
2. Still in your working list, click the "Import/Export"
button at the far right3. Paste in a list
of one of the following:
- A list of ebrary docIDs (the most reliable)
- A list of ISBN numbers (use multipe ISBN numbers for the same document if you have them, e.g. hardback, paperback, ebook ISBN)
- A list of Titles
- Note, if there's even a small difference in wording or punctuation, it won't find the title, e.g., if you search for Dog, it won't match Dogs
- Note, if you search for title such as Dog, it will match all titles that have Dog in it, e.g., Dog Show, Dog and Cat Encyclopedia, etc.
- Best practice recommendation: If using ISBNs or Titles, consider doing steps 1-11 twice - first using ISBNs, then using Titles. Sometimes we won't have the same ISBN number you have for a particular book, and following up with a de-dupe by Title might find some of those.
4. Select the corresponding type
by clicking the radio button for either ISBNs, Titles, or ebrary Doc IDs5. Click the "Import
" button. It will tell you how many titles were successfully imported to your working list. Note that it will only import titles that are either active titles on your site, or titles that are purchasable on your site.6. Click the "Return to Working List
" button7. There will be an entry in your working list for each document in your pasted-in list that matches one that ebrary could provide on your site.8. From your working list:
- "Select all"
- Click the "Update Profile with Selection" button
9. In the window that pops up:
- Select the appropriate profile from the drop-down list
- Click the "Remove" option
- Click the "Submit" button
10. All the titles in your Working List have now been removed from that collection11. Repeat steps 8 and 9 for each of your profile collections.Note that if you re-run a profile's search, and new titles are added to the profile's collection, you will need to do de-dupe the collection again.