Admins, PDA/Loans Reports: If your PDA account runs out of funds...
To be alerted if PDA or FUND CODE funds run low or run out, you must configure the alerts
, see: low-funds-alert
If your PDA account runs out of funds, the PDA account will be suspended
- All the profiles with their search criteria and collections will remain in place and look the same, but the PDA account will be suspended.
- All the titles in the profile collections that have not already been purchased (and are not otherwise available on your site), will then no longer be available to patrons.
- That is, if a patron tries to access one of those titles by direct link, they will get a "Document not found" error.
- One caveat is that if they are signed in to their personal ebrary account, they will be shown a preview-copy of the document.
- They may not realize it is a preview copy unless they try to page through the content of the book; after about two pages, they will receive a notice they are viewing a preview-only copy.
- Once a PDA account is suspended, the MARC deletes for all the titles in your profile collections will be available. However, if you add funds and your PDA account is re-enabled before you click (or an auto run is done of) the "Update MARC data" button, then you won't get MARC deletes and MARC adds - because there won't be any net difference.
If there are titles that were triggered for purchase, but could not be purchased because the account ran out of funds:
- The titles will remain triggered, but will not be purchased until additional funds are added to the PDA account.
- These triggered but not purchased titles will show up on the trigger report with a status "error_nsf" for insufficient funds.
To add funds to your PDA account, contact email@example.com