Why did the Error happen?
The most common reason for this error message is a subscription issue. Another possible reason is that you need to use a different link to access your products.
What should I do?
Students and Researchers:
Library Administrator Instructions If you are a Library Administrator,
- Click on the link to ProQuest directly from the library or institution web page. This will ensure that you are using the correct URL to access ProQuest.
- Check with your library reference desk or help desk for instructions on connecting remotely to ProQuest.
- If you have a ProQuest username and password, use the login page.
- If you have an OpenAthens username and password, use the OpenAthens login page.
- If you have an institutional username and password, use the institutional login page.
this error indicates that the access account to ProQuest used for logon has expired. This error can be caused by a number of scenarios, such as the following common ones:
- The account login information has been changed. This is the most common reason for this error. You may wish to verify that any changes to your ProQuest account are communicated to the whole library community.
- The library no longer subscribes to ProQuest. This error is expected when your library no longer subscribes to ProQuest products.
- A user is attempting to access ProQuest via an old or expired account. If a library has changed its access methods or created a new user account, this error may occur. Please provide the user with updated connection and access instructions for ProQuest through your new library accounts.
If none of the above scenarios or suggestions seems to apply, please contact support so that we may help you to resolve the problem.