ProQuest was unable to authorize access because the OpenAthens organization that you are using does not appear to be connected to any of our subscribing institutions. Why did the Error happen?
The URL you entered or clicked on to access ProQuest databases checks to see if you are trying to connect from a valid OpenAthens organization. Usually this error occurs when you are trying to access from an OpenAthens organization that does not subscribe to ProQuest databases. What should I do? Students and Researchers:
- Check with your library reference desk or help desk for instructions on connecting remotely to ProQuest.
- Click on the link to ProQuest directly from the library or institution web page. This will ensure that you are using the correct URL to access ProQuest.
- If you have a ProQuest username and password, use the login page.
- If you have an OpenAthens username and password, use the OpenAthens login page.
- If you have an institutional username and password, use the institutional login page.
Library Administrator Instructions to set up Athens Access:
- Login to the ProQuest Administrator Module, go to the Athens tab within the Authentication/Access and enter your OpenAthens Organization ID.
- Contact Support with your OpenAthens Organization ID and they will complete the set up process.
If Athens is already set up and you are encountering problems with access, please contact support
for assistance. Please ensure to provide your OpenAthens Organization ID.