ProQuest was unable to verify that the web site you came from is set up to access ProQuest databases. Why did the Error 3010 happen?
The URL you entered or clicked on to access ProQuest databases checks to see if you are valid user. This error indicates that the URL you are coming from is not set up to access ProQuest databases. This method of authentication is called "referring URL" access. This type of authentication requires you to be an authorized user of a library or institution. Often you have to put in a library card number or a student id in order to gain access to databases subscriptions. This error may also occur if you have security software on your computer that is not set up to allow "referring URL" access. What Should I do? Students and Researchers:
- Check with your library reference desk or help desk for instructions on connecting remotely to ProQuest. You will be prompted to enter in your library card numer or student id for access.
- Click on the link to ProQuest directly from the library or institution web page. This will ensure that you are using the correct URL to access ProQuest.
Check your computer and web browser settings.
To ensure access to ProQuest databases, click on our Browser Health Check
- If you have an internet security or privacy software installed on your computer, you may need to adjust its settings. See instructions for configuring security programs to work with ProQuest.
- If you have a ProQuest username and password, use the login page.
- If you have an OpenAthens username and password, use the OpenAthens login page.
- If you have an institutional username and password, use the institutional login page.
Verify the list of referring URLs that are associated with your ProQuest account and contact support
Referring URLs are set up by ProQuest support. We will verify and confirm the correct referring URL(s) are assigned to your account.
Note: When the error 3010 occurs a failed referring URL will display. Please copy this URL and provide to ProQuest support.